We pay attention to the development of qualities like honesty, responsibility, tolerance, obedience to elders, respect to all and concern for the less privileged in our students.
The school uniform is compulsory on all working days inside the campus. Pupil should come to the school clean and tidy.
We can include the 12 rules given by the State Government.
RULES GIVEN BY THE TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT
The department of education, TAMIL NADU government has given eleven rules to be strictly followed by the students, studying in the schools, in TAMIL NADU. John Dewey Students must adhere to the rules.
- Students are not allowed to wear low hip pants and tight pants
- Students should wear half sleeved shirt only. No part of the shirt should be tight
- Shirt must be long so that it should not come out of the pants during activities.
- Shirt must be tucked in properly. Students must wear black belt with small buckle.
- Police hair style must be followed by students.
- The nails must be trimmed now and then. Do not permit long nails.
- Students should not have mustache
- Wearing rubber band, rope on the hands; studs on the ears strictly banned.
- Students’ leave letter must have parents’ signature.
- Students’ should not come in motorized bikes. Use of cell phones is banned in the campus.
- Should not celebrate birthdays in the campus. Even on birthdays students should come in uniform only.
X, XI & XII 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
I to IX 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
L.K.G & U.K.G 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pre K.G 9.00 a.m to 12:30 p.m
Second Saturday holiday for all except students appearing for board exams
4th Saturday holiday for LKG to Class V
Rules for promotion
A student who has secured an average of 35% or above is promoted.
A student who has secured an average of 75% of attendance is promoted.
For those students who were absent due to sickness, the marks of any terminal exam can be considered. The minimum pass percentage is the same. Parents should have submitted leave letter and medical certificates.